Bird watching @ Bhigwanfrom
Bhigwan or more specifically Kumbhargaon is a small dusty village located on the banks of the backwaters of the Ujani dam on Pune-Solapur Highway around 115 km from Pune.
Bhigwan is famous for birdwatching, especially flamingo and other wetland birds like Painted stork, Open Billed stork, Cormorants, Harriers, Greater spotted eagle, Osprey, Woolly necked stork and many more species. Bhigwan is often called the ‘Bharatpur of Maharashtra’
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Group Size Medium Group
- Reach Kumbhargaon (Bhigwan) by 12:00 pm
- Enjoy authentic Maharashtrian home cooked lunch.
- Bird photography ethics & techniques session.
- Boat ride @ 3:30 pm
- Watch / click various species of birds in their natural habitat.
- Return to shore by 6:00 pm
- Return to Pune by 9:30 pm
- 1 Boat ride (approx. 2+ hours)
- Expert bird guide
- Photography mentoring
- Loads of Fun
- Any expenses of personal nature like, extra meals, alcoholic drinks/ Soft Beverages
- Laundry, Phone calls, any extra meals / drinks ordered.
- Cost incidental to any changes in the itinerary due to bad weather, Ill health, – Stay on account of flight cancellation, landslides, Road blockage and other nature calamity which is beyond our control.
- Food and other expenses during road/train/bus/flight travel.
- Hide Charges and/or any optional activities.
- Any Personal expenses and Travelling plans made outside tour itinerary.
- Extra Purchases / shopping of any sort.
- Medical expenses beyond first aid.
- Medical/Travel insurance.
- Personal losses/ damage / Theft – including baggage, personal articles,
photography gear etc.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the package includes list.
What we will do?
– Depart from Pune at 10:00 am
– Reach Kumbhargaon by 12:30 pm
– Enjoy authentic Maharashtrian home cooked lunch.
– Bird photography ethics & techniques session.
– Boat ride @ 3:30 pm
– Watch / click various species of birds in their natural habitat.
– Return to shore by 6:00 pm
– Return to Pune by 9:30 pm
– Your camera with all its accessories.
– High powered binoculars (Optional)
– As this is a Birding tour we recommend that you carry a telephoto lens preferably above 400mm.
– Fully charged batteries.
– It is recommended to carry a spare battery.
– Battery charger
– Memory cards / backup devices / Laptop
– Please carry a big cloth / scarf to protect your gear from dust.
– Hooded jacket / Scarf / Bandana to protect yourself from dust.
– Warm cloths / Windcheater for morning rides.
– It is recommended that you carry basic first aid kit.
– Please avoid bright colored clothing as it scares Birds/wildlife.
– Please avoid wearing perfume/deodorant for safari rides.
– Please carry your PAN/Aadhar card for identification at airport / park gate.
– Regular clothing as per season.
– Your medicines, if any.